What? Aubrey is still alive? Yes, yes. Worst blogger award goes to yours truly. We just got new computers for school and they only work at school. Everyone has to go to the school parking lot do do their homework every night and I don’t have time for that let alone blogging regularly. Until they get the server thing figured out for the new computers I won’t be blogging nearly as much as I’d like. I’m shooting for 2-3 times per week if I’m lucky. Yes I know that I haven’t posted anything since mid-August, but that’s because on top of all the internet problems I”ve been in a horrible reading slump. Like so bad that I haven’t finished a book in almost two weeks. Oops. It is what it is and I am finally getting over this slump of mine.
Anyway, what is a book chain? Many of you are probably asking this question and are possibly thinking of the paper chains we all made in elementary school, but it’s way cooler than stringing pieces of construction paper together. A book chain is sort of like a book club, but really it’s just passing a book through your friends and family. I saw a post on Instagram with the pages of a book written on with different colored pen for each different person. I was totally appalled by the writing in a book, but then I thought about it more deeply. It would be so much fun to do this with my viewers. I made a plan. I will write notes in the margins and underline sentences or passages in books and then I’ll make a post about everytime a new book is ready to be part of the chain. For now I will just be going by the comments on my posts or pages, but if I somehow make this more popular I will end up using some sort of raffle system. The first book that will be part of the chain is A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) – Deborah Harkness. I plan to finish this book by the end of the week (hopefully) and will send it off to the next person in line.
- This will be international! I don’t mind spending a few extra dollars on sending my book to another country.
- Anyone who loves reading can join!
- On the title page of the book you have to make a small square colored in with the color ink you will be using, your name, a website address (if you have one) and what country you’re from.
- Writing letters and stashing it inside the book will bring this to a whole new level. Small gifts would also be fun if you’re in the financial position for it. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO EITHER OF THESE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO.
- You will have 2-3 weeks to read it after you get the book in the mail, then you will send it back to me in a timely fashion.
- Have fun with it! This can be a super chill thing. I would love to get some penpals out of this who actually send letters. I’ve literally always wanted a penpal and it would be super fun!
- All the information will be private. No one but me will ever get your address.
- Doodling and writing in the margins is completely fine! I was a firm believer in never ever letting a single mark enter my books, but then I realized it gives them more character.
- Pretty please don’t trash the book. I would really appreciate if no pages were ripped out or no coffee was spilled on the pages. I understand that accidents happen, but preferably small accidents.
- This is the most important part of this whole thing! COMMENT DOWN BELOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF THIS WONDERFUL NEW IDEA!