The Winter Biannual Bibliothon is a readathon set up by booktubers involving reading and video/post challenges. I will be participating in the reading challenges from January 8 until January 14.
- Group Book: Stalking Jack the Ripper – Kerri Maniscalo
- Throwback – finish a series you already started
- 2016 Release
- BookTube Recommendation
- Book you were excited for, but never picked up
- Diverse Book
Two challenges can be combined for one book. I’m very excited for this because it’s been awhile since I’ve participated in a readathon!
- Group Book: Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper #1) – Kerri Maniscalo
- Throwback – finish a series you already started, and a 2016 Release: Rebellion (The 100 #4) – Kass Morgan
- BookTube Recommendation, and Book you were excited for, but never picked up: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) – J. K. Rowling
- Retelling, and diverse book: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) – Marissa Meyer
BookTubeAThon started today! Usually I like to have TBR posts up a couple days before the beginning of a readathon, but I’ve been very busy with band camp and didn’t get the change to write it out! If you don’t know what BookTubeAThon is, it’s a week long readathon hosted by some booktubers on YouTube. Ariel Bissett is one of the founders of this awesome event.
This year’s challenges:
- Read a book with blue on the cover.
- Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name. *Browning is my last name.*
- Read someone else’s favorite book. *this is one of my best friend’s favorite books.*
- Read the last book you acquired.
- Finish a book without letting go of it.
- Read a book you really want to read.
- Read 7 books.
Will I read all of these books? Probably not. Am I still going to participate? Yes.
Today I continued reading from Shadow Scale and am not hating it as much. I still really just want to be done with it, but I am just getting closer. I am going to try and finish this book by the end of the week and then start another review book. I will read this during study hall then after school. I just want to be done and move on to another book!
Wednesday, May 13th:
Shadow Scale (Seraphina #2) – Rachel Hartman
Number of books I’ve read today: 0
Number of pages I’ve read today: 70
Total number of books read: 1
Total number of pages read: 218
I joined in on Bout of Books 12.0 because it fell during a good time and I wanted to read more than normal. I didn’t read that much more than I usually do, but I did finish one book and one graphic novel. I finished Blog Inc and To Dance, and got further in The Power of Half. I am so close to done with The Power of Half, and I just need to sit down and finish it. I didn’t read as much as I’d planned to, but I got a couple hundred pages read. I am really not that great with readathons, but really want to be more committed to them. The next readathon I participate in I will make sure to commit. Did you participate in Bout of Books?
Happy Thanksgiving week everyone in America! Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday because we host it at my house and I love the food and eating pumpkin pie. I decided why not add a few books into Thanksgiving break. I found this readathon on Instagram by @blueeyedbiblio. She has decided to host this readathon, so if you’re interested check out her Insta. Using the hashtag #thanksreadathon post a picture of your TBR and what you’re planning on! The purpose of this readathon is to read 3 books in 5 days. I’m planning on reading…. *bum bum bum* (cue Belt voice from The Croods)
The Power of Half: One Family’s Decision to Stop Taking and Start Giving Back – Kevin Salwen and Hannah Salwen
The Cry of the Icemark (The Icemark Chronicles #1) – Stuart Hill
The Key to Rondo (Rondo #1) – Emily Rodda
It would be really awesome if a bunch of people participated! Instagram with #thanksreadathon :)
Today I haven’t had a ton of time to read, unfortunately, but I plan to stay up very late reading. For more information on this readathon look at the tumblr page here. Here are a series of questions they asked everyone to answer!
- What part of the world are you reading from this weekend? – Iowa, United States
- What book are you most looking forward to reading? – Take Me Tomorrow – Shannon A. Thompson
- Are you planning on reading from someplace besides your house or apartment this weekend? – Yes! I read at a bridal show I helped at!
- Tell us something about yourself! – I love drinking tea. I also love to dance.
- If you’ve done this readathon before, do you have any tips for other readers? If you haven’t, is there anything you’re nervous about? – I have never done this readathon, but I’m nervous because it is almost impossible to read 24 hours for me! I’ve been really busy this weekend and have things to do tomorrow. I will try and do the best I can to read as much as possible though!
I just found out about the 24 in 48 Readathon today, but decided I had to join! I am so excited to be part of this. For more information check out their tumblr page. Here is my very optimistic TBR for the next two days:
- Zombies vs. Unicorns (chapter 2 – for book club)
- The Book of Charlie
- Take Me Tomorrow
- Girl In Between
- King Dork Approximately
This is, like I said, a very ambitious TBR. I will start at midnight Central Standard time. It is currently 11:40ish and I will be starting to read right at midnight! Good luck to anyone participating, may the odds be ever in your favor.